Alessio and Battista Gualdi founded Gualdi Alessio Trasporti e Spedizioni S.r.l. in 1950; the present-day company, following several reorganizations, is the example of tradition and modernity drawn by the dynamic and innovative drive of one of the son, Luciano Gualdi.
The company is specialized in hazardous material haulage and warehousing,and in iron alloys transforming and transport.
The truck pool is composed of 30 trucks; 10 powdery solid transport tank trailers; 30 dumper trailers and 4 walking floor trailers.
The new headquarters and a 2.000 square meter warehouse are located in Boltiere (Bergamo) close to the Capriate San Gervasio tollgate covering an area of 24.000 square meters.
The company owns a bonded warehouse in Pozzolo Formigaro (Alessandria) where iron alloys, coming from Genova, Savona and La Spezia maritime ports, are transformed and stocked on behalf of a third party and from where they are subsequently moved to still mills in north and central Italy.
The company adopts a quality management system compliant with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards; it is also sensitive to environmental issues and has recently installed photovoltaic panels able to generate 86 kW, covering the company’s power needs.